Before we get started, a couple quick notes:
For safety reasons, you should stop using a candle once ½” of the wax.
To get a little more life out of your scented candle before cleaning the jar, use an electric candle warmer. Pro tip: look for 2-in-1 candle and wax warmers that allow you to use candles directly on the plate or wax melts in a dish.
Be sure to
clean out any remaining soy wax before reusing and repurposing a used candle jar.
Once it’s clean, here are 21 different ways to reuse and repurpose a candle jar:
MAKE ANOTHER CANDLE
1. Make a smaller candle using old wax
2. Make a “Frankenstein” candle using old wax from various candles
3. Make a new candle using new wax
4. Add a tea light
7. Match holder (matchbooks or loose matches w/ strike pad)
8. Candle Accessories (matches, wick trimmer, wick dipper)
8. Toothbrush & Toothpaste Holder
9. Hair Accessories: Elastics (place around outside and inside), Bobby Pins
10. Toiletries: Qtips, cotton pads, cotton balls, manicuring items (scissors, nail clippers, nail files, tweezers)
11. Make-up brushes
12. Lipstick & Lip Balm
13. Drinking Glasses
14. Tea & Coffee Holders (Loose Tea, Tea Bags, Coffee Beans, Ground Coffee)
15. Candy Jars
16. Pet Treats
17. Writing Utensils
18. Paper Clips
19. Craft supplies
20. Hot Chocolate Mix
21. Manicure Set
Tell us: How do you upcycle and repurpose used candle jars? Drop us a comment below.